For his birthday we had a few different celebrations. The first, on Friday, was going to Lake Garda and renting Paddle Boats. Holy perfect, Batman! Perfect sun, perfect water, and perfect un-crowdedness. I’m definitely going back a few times before I leave… I only took a few pictures because I was afraid of getting my camera wet, but I assure you there will be more to come.
The next day, we took a trip to McDonalds (Andrea’s request) to load up on American burgers, McFlurries, and fries. Andrea was a happy boy.
Sunday was the day of the official celebration. After church, we made lunch, prepared the cake, and set up the table outside in the shade. Caldissimo is how I would describe our weather as of late. Giorgio and Sara came over to celebrate with us too. We opened his presents (all of which had to do with drumming), ate the fantastic cream puffs Michael and I made earlier, and we busy partying it up when disaster stuck! Well, not actually disaster, but it felt like it to Andrea. Michael was minding his own business playing with two tennis rackets when all of a sudden, one flew out of his hand and whacked Andrea right on the lip. Tears were definitely shed. The timing of it couldn’t have been better either because it was right before we were about to sing and have Andrea blow out the candles. Please just watch the video and you’ll understand how much of a damper was put on the party. I, of course, couldn’t help but laugh of the situation, whereas everyone else was trying to be as sympathetic as possible to dearest Andy.
No comments:
Post a Comment