Fact: Peter Pan has been and will always be one of my favorite literary characters of all time.
As it is the day before I leave, I've been going through my check-list over and over again. Passport: Check. Shoes: Check. Euros: Check. Journal: Check. Camera: Check. Appetite for Adventure: You better believe it. It's been great to look back and see how this plan (hope, dream, ect...) has all come together when, honestly, there were many times it seemed to be going nowhere fast... So fast, in fact, that it seemed to be not only stagnant, but running the exact opposite way I was directing it to go. Now that I'm here, however, it's very clear to me that leaving now, to Verona, to stay with the Mongia family is exactly how it was meant to work out. It just proves to me even more that I don't actually know best, and thank heavens there is Someone who does.
Like I said in my last post, nothing has quite hit me yet. I'm not scared, or nervous, or even very excited. I did tear up (okay, and maybe even cried) today. Let's face it, I'm an emotional person. How could I not tear up at least a little bit while packing my life into 2 suitcases, thinking about the goofiness I will miss via my sisters, and starting to miss the friends I've already said "Goodbye" to. Admittedly, I did legitimately cry when I saw that my Mom and surprised me with some biscuits and gravy as my going away meal. Props to her delicious food making skills and for sucker punching me in the "excuse me while I cry my face off" gland. Luckily, no one was around when that little episode occurred. I mean, come on. How embarrassing would that be if anyone found out about THAT? Suuuuper embarrassing.
Thanks in advance to everyone who decides to follow my blog. Knowing people actually care about this trip is completely reassuring and also gives me incentive to keep up my posts. Ask me questions! It'll give me more things to write about and will keep it much more interesting for all of you. And hey; I aim to please.
I was just in Verona a few weeks ago! You'll love it, its a sweet town. Oh and the gelato was fantastic. I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete-alyssa
can't wait for pictures!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you already Britt. I hope you got the letter I included with the journal. I can't wait to hear about all your adventures.
ReplyDeleteI've loved hearing about your travelling Alyssa! You gone so many amazing places. So far I completely agree that Verona is a sweet town. I can't wait to explore it more.
ReplyDeleteI miss you all too, Robin! The letter was so nice of you. Oh, and I promise the journal is being used. I'll be sure to post pictures soon.
Hey Brittani it's Harrison.
ReplyDeleteSo you said to ask questions so I thought of one for ya. I know that without questions i could never write a blog that would be entertaining enough for people to read so I spent a good amount of time thinking up one.
How different are the people there, in a sense of how they treat everyone else? are they more respectful towards people, more rude, more polite? and all that jazz.
This may seem like a lame question but i haven't been anywhere different than my own little Oregon world (Which I love b the way = ))