Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Vagabonding: The answer to getting lost.

"Brittani, could you water the garden and pick up the kids from school today? All of us will be out of the house and unable to do so. If you'd like you could make some sandwiches so you can have lunch with the kids after school. Grazie mille! - Ornella"
     This was the note put on the counter for me when I woke up. Watering the garden was obviously no big deal, but picking the kids up from school? Mm. Problem. Where the devil is their school? I had walked there with Michael only a few days ago, but that was just one time and most of that walk I was concentrating on not getting run over by the cars or getting tripped by Brandy as he darted to and fro. How in the world was I supposed to find my way? Divine inspiration was my only hope. Well... That and google maps. Even then, I had no clue if the school it was directing me to was the right one or not, so I choose to discount its contribution. 
     I made the sandwiches and left the house wondering if I'd ever find my way there or my way back. The only thought consoling me was that if I became so lost that my only option was to become a vagabond, at least I'd have four sandwiches to keep me alive for the foreseeable future... Ha! Who am I joking? We all know I'd last about 3 hours before I lost all self control and devoured every crumb of those thoughtfully constructed morsels. My appetite is the dictator of my life. Or, more fittingly the Capo di tutti capi. The boss of all bosses. And yes; that is my Mafia shout-out for the day.
     Luckily, this is not what happened and by some miracle I stumbled upon the school, fetched the children, and went on to have lunch as planned. Hallelujah. 
    Enjoy some photos. :)

 I'm not sure if the reason I took a picture with each of them was to have one with each of them, or just so they'd all be happy and get turns to use my camera...


Andrea and I have become very god at teasing each other. 


 Fact: I love the potato chips from Italy more then the ones in the States. 


Every building in is photogenic...


     

3 comments:

  1. Brittani! WOW! How exciting for you. What fun you must be having. We miss you and your family and hope you have a wonderful adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do all the kids adore you? or are they kind of nervous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nancy! That's so nice of you to say! Kira, all of the little kids are definitely not nervous around me. Laura and Elena try to get me to do EVERYTHING with them and Andrea and his friends tease me as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete